Pre Academy : Carolina Development league: U11-U12
In its continued efforts to make player development a top priority, NC Fusion announced that it is one of six North Carolina clubs to align with the newly formed Carolina Development League (CDL), which is poised to advance the state’s 10-11 year-old player with the top standards for training, matches and events. The new league – including North Carolina Fusion (NCF),Carolina Rapids Soccer Club (CRSC) Charlotte Soccer Academy (CSA), Discoveries Soccer Club (DSC), Queen City Mutiny (QCM) and North Carolina FC (NCFC) – will align player development with the standards of the Development Academy Program and better prepare the player for the highest level of play.
“We created a league for the U11 Pre-DA player last year and this is just an expansion to include the U12s for next year,” explained Andy Butler, NC Fusion Academy Director. “It is most important for our members to know that the standards and the level — from both a training and match day standpoint (for the players) — won’t drop.”
Aimed to better connect individual player pathways for young players from Zone 1 to Zone 2, the CDL will be instrumental in integrating players into each DA club at early ages.
- Professional Coaching – A or B Licensed Head Coaches
- Program/Age Specific Director
- Player Safety – Concussion Baseline testing and ATC coverage at all games
- Match Analysis: Select league games filmed. Access to Spiideo Performance analysis software.
- Holistic Development – Multi Sport Winter Programming