*Possible training locations
- Proehlific Park, Summerfield Athletic Park, Mustang Crossfit – Oakridge, Gibson Park, Adams Farm
Time Commitment and Additional Program Details:
- 2/3 practices per week, 60 minute practices.
- 6-8 play dates (approx. 12-14 games per season)
- 1-2 Local Tournaments per season
- Summer and Winter Training Program
- Fall Season starts mid to late August and ends with Adidas Clash Tournament
- Spring Season Starts early to mid February and ends Memorial Day weekend
- Game Dates are posted before the season/practice begin.
- Home games will be at Bryan Park Soccer Complex and Smith Soccer Complex. Away games will be in Winston-Salem, High Point, Burlington, Mebane, Raleigh…etc.
- Games will mainly be played on Saturdays, and sometimes on Friday evenings or Sunday afternoons
Specific Goals of our Academy:
- Create a positive environment for players, coaches, and families.
- Focus on individual player development
- Instill a love and passion for the Game of Soccer that encourages players to work with the ball on their own time.
- Coach Basic Game Understanding
- Educate Parents and set expectations.
Questions about Jr Academy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 9U-10U Junior Academy program is offered to players that are ready for an entry program into the competitive side of the club. The Junior Academy stresses player development over results, and focuses on the development of individual skills, technique and basic game understanding. The program is recommended by US Soccer and the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association.
- The specific goals of the Junior Academy are:
- To create a positive environment for players, coaches and parents
- To focus on individual player development
- To instill a love and passion for the game of soccer
- To learn basic game understanding
- To educate parents about proper expectations in their child’s youth soccer experience
Age Group and Genders
The Junior Academy Program is open to 9U and 10U boys and girls. These players must attend evaluations in May to be placed on a team for the following fall and spring.
If you are looking to join the Junior Academy at a different time in the year, please be in touch with the director for your location.
Director and Coaches
The program is overseen by our Youth Development Coordinator Bryn Lloyd (email@example.com) and by directors at each site.
NC Fusion Central- Eduardo Ulloa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NC Fusion East- Liam Brown (email@example.com)
NC Fusion West- Patrick Bridges (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Junior Academy teams are coached by Fusion Staff Coaches; each team will have a coach dedicated to those players for the year with a minimum of a USSF Grassroots License.
Commitment – Training and Game Events
The Junior Academy Program is a two season commitment with seasons in the Fall (mid-August to mid-November) and Spring (end of January to beginning of May). Players will practice for 60 minutes 2 nights per week at a training site specific to their location (Central, East, West). Practice days and times will be determined by the Junior Academy Directors prior to the start of the season; we do our best to get all players in a certain age group & gender to train on the same fields at the same time (Ex. 9U Girls all train together, 10U Girls, etc.).
Games will typically be played on Saturdays against other clubs in the area, and there will also be the occasional intersquad event. Players will play in at least 8 games and will participate in one festival event each season. Travel is limited to the Piedmont Triad area as much as possible. Some players will be offered optional opportunities to participate in Tournaments outside the area; there is an additional fee for additional event invites.