During what year did you start working with NC Fusion?
Current Coaching License:
USSF “D” License
Years of Coaching Experience:
Five years of soccer coaching experience, preceded by five years of swim coaching experience
Tweet your coaching style – i.e. in 140 characters or less.
Using innovative techniques, high expectations, and empathetic coaching to bring out a team’s unique identity and empower players.
Favorite memory as a player?
Getting to know great people and players while playing, and winning a state championship with Twin City Soccer in 2009 with a great group of guys.
In 10 words or less, #1 reason you coach?
To understand why young players love soccer, and finding ways that sport can improve our lives
- NC Fusion Classic (2020-Present)
- NC Fusion Junior Academy (2020-Present)
- NC Fusion Recreation (2018-2019)
- NCFC Challenge (2017-2018)
- Twin City Recreation (2016-2017)
- Competitive Swimming (2011-2016)
- USSF “D” License
- USSF Grassroots Licenses (11v11, 9v9, 7v7)
Born in Lumberton and raised in Winston-Salem, I’ve called North Carolina home for my entire life. I started playing soccer at an early age, and made the transition to soccer coaching after completing graduate school at UNC Chapel Hill. I currently work for NC Fusion as an administrator for the Junior Academy, Challenge, and Fusion Futures programs and as an Assistant Registrar, in addition to coaching multiple Classic and Junior Academy teams. I’m excited to be a part of Fusion and contribute my skill set both on and off the field.
- Professor of Political Science (2019-Present)
- Assistant Town Manager & Planning Director (2018-2019)
- Research, Policy, and Planning Associate (2017-2018)
- Assistant Town Manager (2016-2017)
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration (UNC Chapel Hill – 2015)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science ( Appalachian State – 2011)